Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK)
One of the world’s only cargo-dedicated airports
Premier logistics providers are growing their businesses by taking advantage of Rickenbacker International Airport’s focus on cargo and its strategic geographic location. Situated in the thriving Columbus Region, the 14th largest metropolitan area in the Midwest, Rickenbacker connects Ohio to the world through premier air cargo hubs in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Our global reach and ready access to a large freight catchment area are among the advantages that help Rickenbacker customers move ahead of their competition.
Importers and exporters utilizing Rickenbacker are eliminating hours and costs from their supply chains and discovering more and more global opportunities through the airport’s international freighter service provided by Cargolux, Cathay Pacific Cargo, Emirates SkyCargo and Etihad Cargo. In 2016, the expert Rickenbacker team handled over 91,000 tons (202 million pounds) of air freight, getting it where it needs to go quickly and reliably.
Scan Rickenbacker International Airport’s many advantages and contact us to discuss how Rickenbacker can help increase the efficiency and profit of your business.
Rickenbacker International Airport advantages
- Two parallel, 12,000-foot runways capable of handling the world’s largest aircraft
- Category I and II Landing System for all-weather landing capabilities
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- No nighttime noise restrictions
- Onsite U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Foreign-Trade Zone 138
- Hydrant fueling
- Exclusive ground handling service by Rickenbacker Aviation
- Ample cargo ramp space >5.6 million square feet (560,200 square meters)
- Active air cargo terminal space >644,800 square feet (over 60,000 square meters)
- Competitive rates and incentives
Rickenbacker International Airport location
- Within a one-day truck drive to nearly half of the U.S. and one-third of the Canadian populations
- Within Rickenbacker Inland Port and adjacent to Norfolk Southern Rickenbacker Intermodal Terminal
- Convenient access to John Glenn International Airport
- 12 miles southeast of downtown Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Easily accessible from I-270, I-71, I-70, Highway 23 and Highway 33